This Privacy Statement describes Data Connect Groups’ privacy practices in relation to the use of the Company Web sites and the related applications, Services, and programs offered by Data connect (collectively, the “Services”), as well as individuals’ choices regarding use, access and correction of personal data.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. When “you” or “your” are used in this statement, we are referring to the relevant individual who is the subject of the personal data. Data Connect Group processes personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose may differ.
When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
Terms of Website Use
The content of this website is for informative purposes only. It does not constitute a solicitation or an offer to conclude any legal act of any kind.
Data Connect has prepared this website with the greatest possible care. However, Data Connect does not claim that the content of the website is correct, complete and up-to-date. The information and materials contained on the website are provided “as is” and “as available”. Data Connect makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to the information and functionality contained in the website, including but not limited to warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, Data Connect does not warrant the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or availability of the website or the information or that the website is virus-free or error-free.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event shall Data Connect or any of its affiliates, directors or employees have any liability whatsoever to any person for any direct or indirect loss, liability, cost, claim, expense or damage of any kind, whether in contract or in tort, including negligence, or otherwise, arising out of or related to the use of all or part of this website.
The website contains third party content and links to third party websites. Data Connect has no influence over and does not assume any responsibility for nor make any warranties or representations as to any third-party content or websites, including but not limited to, the accuracy, subject matter, quality or timeliness. Data Connect have no liability for third party content or websites, or for websites linking to the Data Connect website.
In addition our Free Tools page provides access to third party security vendors that we work closely with. When clicking any links on this page you are taken to a form on these third party vendor websites as if you had visited them directly.
Intellectual Property Rights:
Data Connect, or the applicable third-party owner, retains all right, title and interest (including copyrights, trademarks, patents, as well as any other intellectual property or other right) in all information and content (including all text, data, graphics and logos) on the website. Any duplication, processing, dissemination and any kind of exploitation requires the written consent of the author in question.
What Do We Collect:
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- IP addresses
How Do We Use It:
- To keep customers and prospective customers updated
- Marketing activity
- Processed within the provision of a Service
- For sales transactions
- Identifying how customers interact with our Services
Reasons We May Share Personal Data:
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place as appropriate to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
We use third party services to help us run our business. As a result, personal data may be transferred to these organisations which are located within the European Union. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection
Personal data held by us may be transferred to:
Third party providing Goods or Services
- As part of normal activities within the IT and technology industry, vendor partners are engaged in order to purchase hardware and software.
- Information is provided to pursue quotes and purchases from the intended vendors.
- Also, as part of normal activities within the IT and technology industry, distribution partners are engaged in order to purchase hardware and software from many of the leading security vendors.
- From time-to-time Data Connect Group may engage the use of external marketing firms to run specific marketing campaigns targeted towards our customers both new and old.
- During campaigns certain information that contains personal will be provided which includes the following:
– Contact Name
– Contact Details (phone number, email, etc)
– Job Role
Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us
We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems. For example, providers of information technology, cloud based software as a service providers, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The servers powering and facilitating that cloud infrastructure are located in secure data centres located within the UK or EU, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Occasionally, we may receive requests from third parties with authority to obtain disclosure of personal data, such as to check that we are complying with applicable law and regulation, to investigate an alleged crime, to establish, exercise or defend legal rights. We will only fulfil requests for personal data where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
We take the security of all the data we hold very seriously. We follow internationally recognised security standards and the security controls we employ have been independently certified as complying with the requirements of Cyber Essentials Plus. We have a framework of policies, procedures and training in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security and regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
Individuals Rights and How To Exercise Them
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and controllers are responsible for fulfilling these rights.
Individuals’ rights may include the right of access to personal data, to rectification of personal data, to erasure of personal data / right to be forgotten, to restrict processing of personal data, to object to processing of personal data, to data portability, the right to withdraw consent at any time (where processing is based on consent) and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please see further information about these rights, when they are available and how to exercise them below:
- Your Right to Access Personal Data -You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal data about you, receive a copy of your personal data held by us as a controller and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal data (similar to the information provided in this privacy statement). We aim to respond to any requests for information promptly, and in any event within the legally required time limits.
- Your Right To Rectification / Amendment of Personal Data -You have the right to request for your personal data to be amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your name or address) and to have incomplete personal data completed. When practically possible, once we are informed that any personal data processed by us is no longer accurate, we will make updates as appropriate based on your updated information.
- Your Right to Erasure / To Be Forgotten –
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
1. our legal grounds for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
- our legal grounds for processing is that the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, you object to our processing and we do not have overriding legitimate grounds;
- you object to our processing for direct marketing purposes;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.Your Right To Erasure / Be Forgotten -You have the right to obtain deletion of your personal data in the following cases:
2. Your Right To Restrict Processing -You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data where you have contested the accuracy of the personal data;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed but the personal data are required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- for a period enabling us to verify whether the legitimate grounds relied on by us override your interests where you have objected to processing based on it being necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest identified by us.
3. Your Right To Object To Processing -You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- our legal grounds for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party; or
- our processing is for direct marketing purposes.
4. Your Right To data Portability -You have a right to receive your personal data provided by you to us and have the right to send the data to another organisation (or ask us to do so if technically feasible) where our lawful basis for processing the personal data is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means.
5. Your Right To Withdraw Consent -Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw consent at any time. We do not generally process personal data based on consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis).
To get in touch with us regarding any of your rights please contact us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A request for personal data by an individual is usually free of charge except in situations whereby requests are unfounded or excessive in nature. In these cases a reasonable cost may be charged. The data controller will aim to provide the relevant data within 30 days.
The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
When fulfilling information requests data will be issued in a commonly used format but will also be encrypted or password protected. Explicit instructions will be provided to ensure easy access.
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint and we will look into and respond to any complaints we receive.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence, place of work or the country in which an alleged infringement of data protection law has occurred within the EU. The Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) is the UK data protection regulator/supervisory authority. For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website.